Monday, February 7, 2011

Spicy Barbecue Peanuts

I made these peanuts for my husband a few years ago and they've been a requested treat ever since. Usually I just make regular barbecue peanuts, but lately we've been eating spicy foods. This time I decided to make one of our favorite treats with some extra kick. They were the perfect munchie for our Super Bowl party. Happy cooking!


Spicy Barbecue Peanuts


Ingredients:
1 jar dry roasted peanuts
1/3 cup barbecue sauce - any flavor
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp  black pepper


Directions:

1)      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour barbecue sauce over peanuts in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until the peanuts are lightly coated. 
2)     Spread peanuts out onto a greased baking sheet.
3)     In a small dish, combine dry spices. Sprinkle over the peanuts on the baking sheet.
4)     Bake for 15 minutes, turning once half-way through. Allow the peanuts to cool thoroughly and then place in a serving dish or back into their original jar.

1 comment:

  1. I made these a couple weeks ago - YUM!!! I will be making them again and might even try a few different varieties!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...