Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Squaring Up

I really need to find a project that doesn't involve a million HSTs! I've realized with working on this Dots on Dots project that I really don't like squaring up. HSTs mean lots of extra squaring up before you even sew the pieces into a block. Here's a nice picture of some squared off bits for your enjoyment...

This project has 28 of these little 2.5 inch (unfinished) HST squares in each block (plus another 8 regular 2.5 inch squares). So far I've sewn one block together and squared up the pieces for 2 more. There are 20 blocks total, so I've got a long way to go. I hope I can finish them before I go nuts! :)

Anyone have a trick for squaring up so many pieces? Any time saving tips would be much appreciated...

Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I cant decide what I am going to do for my project.. I dont know what HST is either? We need one of those Accult cutters for squares..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the June Tailor Perfect Half Square Triangle Ruler that I bought at Joann Fabrics with a 40% off coupon. It is awesome. Helps you mark your squares before sewing, helps you cut them into 2 HST and helps you square them up. It makes about 6 different sizes of HST.
    Your fabric looks fun....looking forward to seeing it in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I'm not sure what you mean by squaring up. I sew the pieces together and that's it, no extra work needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've got nothin'. i squared up so many tiny HST's in my FW squares and i still just did it the regular way. i've been considering a large HST project 12-15" per block. i don't think i'll bother squaring those up.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...