Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Finishes and November Goals

I know October's not over yet, but I'm not going to get any more of my goals done before the end of the month. I haven't done too bad this time around though. Here's what was on the list to get done in October:

1) Make the tie wreath for our door - DONE!


I just finished this one today. It really doesn't take that long to make - about 40 minutes from start to finish. That includes the time to get all of the supplies out and to put the supplies away at the end. It's super quick if you're looking for a fast project. This is the second one of these I've made. The first one I made out of a bunch of my dad's old ties. It's now living at his house, so of course I had to make one for my door too. Lucky for me my husband also has a collection of old ties he's no longer willing to wear. And, in case he were to ever change his mind, none of these ties were cut, glued or sewn to make this wreath. I just wrapped them around and pinned them in place. So if he really wants the salmon colored striped one, he can reclaim it. :)

2) Finish my projects for the Wicked Blog Hop - DONE! I've got 2 table toppers to show you on Wednesday this week. I really like how they turned out, so I hope you enjoy them too. One project is filled with lots and lots of 1 inch half-square triangles and the other project is my first ever paper pieced block (I even designed the pattern!!). I'll be having a giveaway that day too, so stop back!

3) Plan out what I'm making people for Christmas presents - DONE! This was obviously the easiest goal. I have a lot of knit and quilted projects in my future and a few paper items that I hope to finish as well. I plan to be very busy in November and December and I should be able to share most of those projects with you before they're given away.

4) Sew together half of my Leaf Quilt blocks - not done. :( Sadly, I didn't work on this quilt any more. I've been side-tracked by my knitting projects. I hope to get some work done on the quilt in November. Maybe I'll be able to give it to my husband for Christmas... It's a thought at least, but it's not officially on the Christmas gift list. At least I have all of the pieces cut and ready to go when I do finally have some time to work on it! :)

So, what should be on the list for November then? Here's what I'm thinking:

1) Sew together half of the Leaf Quilt blocks. I guess it should stay on the list since I didn't do any more with it in October.

2) Finish the birthday gift for my sister. Her 30th birthday is on November 30th (so I have to finish it this month) and I have a great gift for her. Hopefully she feels the same way about it when she gets it. :)

3) Finish the Irish Hiking Scarf I've started for my mother-in-law and give it to her. She bought my husband and I a Kitchen Aid Mixer for my birthday and our wedding anniversary, plus she taught me how to knit, so I want to give her a nice thank you gift in return.

4) Plan and cut out the pieces for the Christmas Quilt for my dad. It's going to be out of Peanut's character fabrics. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog, so I'll be able to post pictures and updates with that project as I get it going.

5) Put together and send out the 2 Color Bee Shocked blocks I've received fabric for. One block is supposed to feature circles of any type. I think I found a pattern I like, but I want to do a practice block before I try with the real fabric. The other block is flying geese. I think that block will go together pretty quickly, so I just need one Saturday with a small chunk of time to sew.

I think that will keep me busy for major goals in November. If I'm going to get all of my Christmas gifts done by Christmas, then I'll have to spend some time on some smaller projects as well. So, what will you be working on in November? Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. That will keep you busy.
    What a lovely MIL to gift you a kitchenaid. You're right, she really does deserve a lovely hand knit scarf. And it's looking good so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun list of projects...sidetracked? yes, I can relate to that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on all your goals. Sounds like you will be busy. I have several gifts to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tie wreath so much! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...